What does your ideal day look like?
The first question of my personal growth exercise was actually tougher for me to answer than I anticipated. Mainly because I began over-analyzing what I would do and the order of which I would do certain things. I felt like what I wanted would automatically indicate what I should do with my life and if that was the case I needed to list something super deep and meaningful. I started filtering what I thought my ideal day should look like. Frustrated because what I desired seemed both too simple and stereotypical, I already wanted to throw in the towel on this exercise.
But, I took a deep breath and “re-framed.” Instead of writing out a complex play-by-play I just started jotting down all of the things I like and or want to do daily. So, in no particular order, here’s my list:
- Wake up with the sunrise
- Do yoga/stretch
- Drink coffee while reading a devotional, and then work on a crossword puzzle
- Go on a long walk either by the beach or in the forest
- Curl up with a good book
- Go to a movie/play/museum – something cultural
- Meet up with a family member for lunch
- Do a little shopping and or window shopping
- Work on a craft project
- Cook dinner with friends
- Listen to live music under the stars
- Be wrapped up in a blanket watching the flames of the fireplace or fire pit – while sipping a glass of cab
- Not be stressed/focused on what I eat/my body!!!
Ahhh… I a feel much better already 🙂
What does your “ideal day” look like?!
Onwards & Upwards…